How cute and perfect are these Melon Kebobs for Valentine’s Day?!?!
Not only are they so cute, but healthy too!! Melons are loaded with Vitamin A and Vitamin C—If you were to consume a cup of melons, you would meet your daily recommendations for both vitamins!!
For those of you that count calories, a cup of melons would only be 60 calories! Just be mindful that fruit naturally contains sugars. For example, a cup of these melons would contain 14 grams of sugar. So let this be your dessert as opposed to a slice of cake!!
- One cup of your favorite assorted melons (watermelon, cantaloupe, and honey dew to name a few!)
- Hearth shaped cookie cutter
- Kebob skewers or popsicle sticks
- 1/2 cup of your favorite yogurt for a dipping sauce (My personal favorite is vanilla greek yogurt-sweet and tart!)
- If you are a chocolate lover, drizzle dark chocolate or shave dark chocolate flakes on top of the fruit and/or yogurt
- Mix other of your favorite fruits into your kebobs
- Slice all of the fruit in a uniform size (I try to make 2-in cubes so they are easier to use with the next step!)
- Use your cookie cutter to make the melons into heart shapes (or use a knife if you do not have access to cookie cutter)
- Put your melons onto the skewers in a pattern of your choosing
- Serve with yogurt and chocolate if you wish
- Enjoy with your loved ones
- Happy Valentine’s Day!!!
-Pictures found on Pinterest