This guacamole recipe would be a great addition to your Super Bowl spread!!! You can even decorate it to look like a mini-football field(demonstrated on this picture found on Pinterest).
Guacamole is always a great snack to put together for any occasion, and it’s healthy too! Avocados are a source of healthy fats which aids in the absorption of two key antioxidants and promotes many health benefits. These health benefits range from promoting cardiac and heart health, wide range of anti-inflammatory benefits, blood sugar regulation, and is a carcinogen!!!
- 4 ripe avocados
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice (1 lemon)
- 8 dashes hot pepper sauce( I prefer tabasco brand or Frank’s RedHot)
- 1/2 cup small-diced red onion (1 small onion)
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 medium tomato, seeded, and small-diced
- Add 3 tablespoons diced jalapenos (we love spicy in my household, and it’s great for your immune health!)
- Add sliced cilantro during the mixing for flavor and/or afterwards for a garnish!
- Add whole cherry tomatoes for a fun football design on top, like the great picture I found on Pinterest!
- Cut the avocados in ½, remove the pits, and scoop the flesh out of their shells onto a large cutting board.
- Slice through the avocados on the cutting board until they are finely diced. Transfer into large bowl.
- Immediately add the lemon juice. (This will prevent the avocados from turning brown and add a huge burst of citrus flavor!
- Add the hot pepper sauce, onion, garlic, salt, and pepper and toss well.
- Add the tomatoes. (Also add the cilantro and jalapenos if you wish!)
- Mix well and taste for salt and pepper.
Serve with fresh, sliced veggies, whole wheat pita bread, and/or whole wheat tortilla chips!!