Who doesn’t love chocolate covered fruit—Make it fit for Valentine’s Day!! Use dark chocolate to make it healthier and white chocolate to make little love notes or valentine’s day touches!!!
- 1 pound box of fresh strawberries with leaves( option to use bananas or your favorite fruit instead)
- 16 ounces of dark chocolate chips
- 4 ounces white chocolate chips
- 2.5 tablespoons shortening
- In a double boiler, melt the dark chocolate and 2 tbs. shortening, stirring occasionally until smooth.
- Holding them by the toothpicks, dip the strawberries(banana or other fruit) into the chocolate mixture.
- Insert toothpicks into the tops of the strawberries.
- Turn the strawberries upside down and insert the toothpick into styrofoam for the chocolate to cool.
- In a separate batch, combine the white chocolate and the 0.5 tbs. shortening.
- Place in a piping bag or small plastic bag and cut a tiny hole at the end. Use the white chocolate to make little love messages( XOXO or I <3 U) or decorate for love bugs! Have fun with it!
- Add sprinkles of dark chocolate or nuts for texture, color, and flavor!
- Place on a serving tray and wait for your guests to be shocked!!!
Pictures found on Pinterest