Perfect for sharing with your friends and loved ones for the upcoming Super Bowl!!! I love to make this for a party or any cold day…Healthy too!!
- 1.3 lbs. of ground turkey
- 2 medium onions
- 1 can of tomato sauce
- 1 can of Rotel tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 can of beans of choice
- 2 heaping tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp allspice
- 1 tsp cloves
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp cocoa
- Add salt, pepper, and chicken stock as needed! (6-8 servings)
- To add whole wheat pasta or bread to make it a bit more filling/hearty.
- Add fat free cheese or low fat sour cream for flavor!!
- Garnish and serve with diced scallions, sliced jalapenos, chopped avocados, corn and/or corn chips for a little color, flavor and spice!
- Heat pan over medium heat and add olive oil.
- While pan is heating, break up into small pieces and brown the ground turkey.
- Sprinkle turkey with allspice and salt and pepper taste.
- Carefully add chicken pieces to oil to avoid oil splatters.
- Cut onion to small to medium dice.
- Once turkey is browned, remove from pan and place in bowl.
- Add onion or veggies of choice to pan and cook until tender.
- Sprinkle chili powder and the rest of dry seasoning/ingredients to the large pot.
- Add turkey back to veggies, stir and add jar of sauce and Rotel.
- Reduce heat to low and cook for 2 hours.
- Stir periodically.
- Eat and enjoy.
~Leftovers can be easily reheated or put in casserole and baked for another meal.