Who doesn’t associate buffalo wings with football season?!?!? Therefore, I will definitely be having these at my Super Bowl party! These are a healthier version, as we are baking the chicken wings as opposed to deep frying. If you want to take it another step in the healthy direction, you can substitute chicken breast strips.
- Large pack of chicken wings from the poultry section in grocery store or Costco
- Mrs. Dash Southwest Chipolte seasoning(this brand is always great to incorporate as they have no sodium options)
- 1-2 bottle or can of beer
- 1 pack of scallions- chopped
- 2 bottles of Spicy Garlic sauce from Buffalo wild wings, or any kind of buffalo wing sauce will work.
- Cut the wings. If he doesn’t know how here’s a video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?
- Then you take all of the wings and place them in a deep baking dish. I usually use 2 really large dishes or pans. If you don’t have big ones then you can just buy large tin foil ones at the grocery and throw them away after. Try to arrange them, lay in a flat layer on the bottom of the pan so that all of the wings get juice.
- Next, pour olive oil over the wings and take your hands and mix them all around in this so that each wing is lightly coated.
- Then, pour one or two cans or bottles of beer over top of the wings evenly to get a little beer on each wing. This all depends on the amount of wings that you have… If you have two pans then you probably need a beer in each pan.
- Sprinkle garlic powder, salt, pepper, and chipolte seasoning on all of the wings.
- Next, cover the pans with tin foil, and place the wing pans in the oven at 350 for 1 hour.
- After an hour, take them out and flip over each wing so that the other side is exposed and cook again at 350 for another hour covered.
- Next, take them out, and place an over rack on top of a baking sheet. you need one with rolled up edges to go underneath so the wing drippings don’t get all over the oven.
- Spray the oven rack with a lot of PAM.
- Next, take tongs or two forks and individually place each wing on the baking rack contraption.
- Sprinkle more seasoning on top, and bake these at 450 until crispy (probably about 10-15 mins).
- Flip them to the other side again and repeat at 450 until both sides are crispy.
- Now take the tongs or forks and transfer them into a large bowl and toss them in the buffalo sauce.
- Pour onto a serving dish and garnish with chopped scallions!
- Viola!! Serve and enjoy!!