How perfect are these chocolate covered strawberries for the Super Bowl?!?!?! I found these and just had to share!!!!!
I am choosing to use dark chocolate for mine, as it is the healthier option!! Also, I will use white chocolate to decorate the laces.
- 1 pound box of fresh strawberries with leaves
- 16 ounces of dark chocolate chips
- 4 ounces white chocolate chips
- 2.5 tablespoons shortening
- In a double boiler, melt the dark chocolate and 2 tbs. shortening, stirring occasionally until smooth.
- Holding them by the toothpicks, dip the strawberries into the chocolate mixture.
- Insert toothpicks into the tops of the strawberries.
- Turn the strawberries upside down and insert the toothpick into styrofoam for the chocolate to cool.
- In a separate batch, combine the white chocolate and the 0.5 tbs. shortening.
- Place in a piping bag or small plastic bag and cut a tiny hole at the end. Use to make the laces on the football!
- Place on a serving tray and wait for your guests to be shocked!!!